OMIRIN FEATURED ON GOLD FM ILESA ON A PROGRAMME TAGGED "OMIRIN ALEDE IJESA," Promises to Eradicate Thuggery Among Youths.

The House of Representatives Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ijesa South Federal Constituency of Osun State, Hon. Sanya Omirin has promised to eradicate thuggery and other social vices among the youths in his federal Constituency if given the opportunity to represent his people in the February 25, 2023 general elections.
Hon. Sanya Omirin made this assertion today in a radio program in Osun State which was monitored by the head of Media of the Sanya Omirin campaign organization.

During the interview, Sanya Omirin expressed disappointment in the present APC administration in the country and the immediate past 12 years administration of APC in Osun State which he described as a harrowing experience for all citizens of the state due to inhuman method of administration employed by APC that has impoverished the citizens like never before in the state.

Below is an excerpt of the interview captured by the Sanya Omirin media campaign team.


Presenter: Which office are you aspiring for?*

Hon. Sanya Omirin: I'm for the Federal House of Representatives and I'm  the candidate of my party (PDP) in Ijesa South Federal Constituency, I was the one that the party delegates voted for during our party's primaries.

Presenter: Why did you want to contest the post?

Hon. Sanya Omirin:  I aspire for the post because the present situation of the country, to say the least, is worrisome and I need to contributes my own quota as a citizen of this country and who also know that we can not sit in our room and be condemning the present administration without tangible steps being taken to arrest the ungodly situation which our country is drifting towards.

If we keep quiet and positive steps are not boldly taken to ensure that people who know what they are doing take over the mantle of leadership of our nation now, we are all going to be judge by posterity for not acting at the right time and now is the right time to act, that's why I picked up the nomination form and hopefully, I believe with God's backing and support of the suffering masses of this constituency victory is sure. It is obvious that  present occupier of the position of the House of Representatives for Ijesa South has gotten to the limit of his ability in the best way he thinks he can represent us and that his best is visible to all as not good enough, so we need a genuine change and as a seasoned public administrator, I have the magic, the political experience and wherewithal to make that necessary change which Ijesa South Federal Constituency people truly deserve and seriously desire.

Presenter: Your Party ,The PDP is the government in Osun state now. What should be the expectations of the masses in this new government under PDP

Hon. Sanya Omirin: , Yes, we just came back after what I will call 12 years of interregnum and we are going to make that physical and visible change desired by our people, not performance by theory, practical one, I assure you. I started my political Carrier from the local government, I was the former Secretary of Atakunmosa East and Former Executive Chairman of the same Local Government, both under PDP, my performance at the position led to my nomination of my people in Atakunmosa East Local Government which also gave me membership of the Civil Service Commission during the administration of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, shortly after that, even when my party was out if power in 2011, the position of the membership of the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission became opened and as a member of opposition party, I was chosen by all sons and daughters of Ijesa South Federal Constituency to represent them. Governor Rauf Aregbesola had no choice than to recommend my nomination and I served meritoriously in that position. When my tenure expired, the government of APC even invited me to join their government at the state level but I declined because of where I was coming from. but it 

Presenter: Where are you coming from?

Hon. Sanya Omirin: I'm coming from PDP, a political party that feels concerned with the plights of the people at the grassroots, a political party that believes in the separation of power, PDP is a political party that allows the third tier of government to perform its statutory functions of taking care and empowering the people at the local government level.  

 Hon. Sanya Omirin:  Back to our discussion, if you look at the situation of the local government in Osun State today, you will see that it is quite  unfortunate that the present situation of our local government in the state is in a state of comatose. 

My political party will deliver on all the 5 cardinal campaign manifesto/agenda of my Party, the PDP and Gov. Ademola Adeleke has assured the people of Osun that PDP administration under him will give total Autonomy to Local Government administration across the state, I believe this will bring the lost glory of the local government back to our people at the grassroot, this is also part of my plan if elected as member of the House of Representatives, I will sponsor a bill that will back local government autonomy across the federation, if you take your time and visit some of the local government Secretariats in Osun State today, you will be welcomed by all shades of animals like, antelopes, grass cutters cockerels and reptiles of various species who are now the landlord of our local government secretariats and it saddens my heart as a former council boss."

Presenter: How will your party,The PDP reduce the thuggery activities in the state?

Hon.Sanya Omirin:  The origin of all social vices in every society is poverty, idleness and joblessness.  immediately I assume office as a law maker, all the youths who have become veritable tools in the hands of politicians will be fully engaged because you can't lure a man who is busy with a job to come and take stipends as a thug, he will not answer you. This morning before i left my home for this programme some Youths in Iwikun Ijesa paid me a courtesy visit, when I engaged them I discovered that quite a sizeable number of these youths are graduates that need one business or the other to sustain themselves. 

I personally don't like giving people stipends to feed, if I give you money for food today, tomorrow, when you are hungry, you will come back, how long are we going to do that, so I don't encourage the idea of giving people fish, I prefer to train them how to catch fish because in that they will also become the employer of others and the chain will continue to grow, before you know it poverty will naturally vanish from our society. 

If I have the opportunity to be in the corridors of power which I believe by February 25th  2023 the good people of Ijesa South will oblige me by casting their votes for me and all the candidates of my party, who are vying for other positions like President, Senate, House of Representatives and State Assembly with their vote all thuggery activities you said will be a thing of the past.


The Hon. Sanya Omirin media crew therefore expressed the hope that their principal will be supported and get the people's mandate on February 25, 2022 considering how Callers on the Programme eulogized Hon. Sanya Omirin for his good deeds in the past and urged him to do more, because the expectations of the people is very high in his ability and capability 

Signed: Omirin Media Crew
Date: 19 Dec, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ife North APC Suffers Major Setback as Ex- Vice Chairman, other Exco Members Defect to PDP

Olaoluwa Asejere Storms the Islamic Burial Rite of Alhaji PA Muraina Ogundeji, Father of Hon Akeem Ayobami

PDP Chairman Hails Ajagunla's Commitment to Youth Development...Describes the Senator as a Rare Public Servant